To provide products and services that help preserve and improve the lives of those we serve.
To be the leader and innovator of comprehensive healthcare products and services in our communities, while providing compassionate care.
- Caring – anticipating and meeting the needs of others in a compassionate manner
- Integrity – acting honestly and responsibly in everything we do
- Respect – honoring and holding in high esteem those with whom we work and serve
- Commitment -taking individual responsibility for fulfilling our mission
- Loyalty – being devoted to our customers and our organization
- Excellence – achieving the highest standards of performance
- Profitability – ensuring that we continue perpetually.
In 1984, William S. McFarland, III founded Loop Plaza Discount Pharmacy in St. Albans, WV. The pharmacy’s business quickly flourished, and in only 10 years, it was moved to a larger location. Premier Medical, which was established in 1989, was a home medical equipment company located next door to the pharmacy’s new location. As a result of its excellence in patient care and performance, Premier Medical became JCAHO accredited in 1998.
After recognizing great expertise in each other, the two companies merged to form Loop Pharmacy & Home Medical in March of 2003. Business continued to prosper, and in 2006, a second location was opened in Kanawha City as a compounding-only store. In 2009, the company again expanded, opening a new operation in Fairmont, WV.
Where we are today
Today, Loop Pharmacy & Home Medical is still fully committed to providing wellness to generations by offering an array of products and services in its pharmacy and home medical divisions. The pharmacy provides several unique services to its patients including compounding, natural hormone replacement therapy, and a diabetic wellness and education center, while the home medical division places home health care needs first, specializing in home medical equipment and services. Loop Pharmacy & Home Medical is dedicated to pharmaceutical and home medical excellence, and strives to meet the individual needs of patients by ensuring the highest possible level of customer care.
The future of Loop Pharmacy & Home Medical
As we move toward the future, Loop Pharmacy & Home Medical plans to continue its focus on excellence in compounding. As the Tri-State area’s most experienced pharmacy, accredited by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board, we will continue our efforts toward intensive product end testing, to guarantee the sterility and effectiveness of each compounded prescription. Understanding that our future rests with exceeding the expectations of every patient, we will endeavor to enhance our position as the pharmacy the region looks to for medicine solutions.
Our Leadership Team
- President – Bill McFarland, RPh
- Chief Pharmacy Officer – Erin Rudge, RPh, CDE
- Vice President & Chief Operating Officer – Mike Rudge